Stakeholder Engagement and Policy Specialist is responsible for implementing and facilitating capacity development of government agencies, private sector, civil society organizations and local community on sustainable estate crop in Mahakam Ulu district under USAID Indonesia Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) program. The program is anticipated to run from 2021 to 2026.
This may include the following functions:
- Identify strategic partners (government agencies, private sector, NGOs, and communities) and assess capacity of these key stakeholders to be engaged in the establishment of the sustainable estate crop Fora.
- Support stakeholder mapping and policy analysis undertaken in collaboration with key stakeholders and the consultant.
- Facilitate the establishment process of sustainable estate crop at district level of Mahakam Ulu.
- Facilitate active operation of sustainable estate crop and their strategic policy at district level, including focused discussions, trainings, legal drafting process, and workshops.
- Coordinate and engage government agencies, private sector, community, and other relevant stakeholders to maintain collaborative management in non-forest area in Mahakam Ulu district.
- Maintain records (baseline, impact, lesson-learned) related to collaborative management of sustainable estate crop Fora and their strategic policy.
- Participate in relevant meetings and events held by relevant partners to ensure smooth implementation of the program.
The position reports to Project Manager of USAID-SEGAR, and will be based in Mahakam Ulu, East Kalimantan.
- BA/BS, law or business degree and 5 years’ experience in natural resource management and policy making process or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of institutional capacity development, including designing institutional capacity development and their legal framework.
- Experience in policy making process and legal drafting especially in district level.
- Experience in negotiating complex agreements.
- Experience in developing and managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Experience in directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, database management and Web Browsers.
- Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.