The Sustainable Oil Palm Senior Manager leads, manages, and implements all aspects of YKAN’s oil palm program in Indonesia. Sustainable Oil Palm Senior Manager is a member of Indonesia Terrestrial Program, Senior Manager Team (SMT) and is accountable for oil palm related outcomes under the direction of the Terrestrial Program Director. Together with other Indonesia Terrestrial Program (ITP) Senior Managers, will establishes overall oil palm strategic priorities for ITP, develops oil palm strategies, and influences policies that will achieve the goals and objectives described in the ITP Shared Conservation Agenda of Indonesia’s Forest Strategy.
This may include the following functions:
- Leads the development and implementation of ITP oil palm program to achieve the goals stated in shared conservation agenda of Indonesia’s forest strategy, which includes the oil palm production and market sides.
- Engage with the relevant government institutions, particularly at national with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture and other organizations to support the policies on sustainable oil palm, particularly in improving a national road map on sustainable oil palm, by incorporating the lesson learned from East Kalimantan on balancing development and conservation.
- Work with revenant partners, including Ministry of Agriculture and association of palm oil business to strengthen the Indonesia Sustainable Oil Palm (ISPO) standard, particularly on protection of high conservation value areas.
- Engage with big players of oil palm business in Indonesia and consumer countries such China and Europe, particularly for Non RSPO market to promote sustainable oil palm.
- Leads or supports fundraising initiatives from private (companies) and public sources to support ITP oil palm work in Indonesia.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the relevant team and other teams to advance the oil palm program in Indonesia.
- Leads dan supervises oil palm team in Indonesia
- Increase the visibility of YKAN at the sustainable oil palm platforms by engaging with Tropical Forest Alliance, Indonesian Palm Oil Platform-UNDP and others.
- Builds strategic, scientific, and technical capacity in the field
- Engages local community support for local conservation efforts
- Sets key performance indicators on annual basis based on program goals and objectives, in consultation with Terrestrial Program Director and key SMT members, to guide oil palm initiatives
The Sustainable Oil Palm Senior Manager will be based in Jakarta office and reports to the Indonesia Terrestrial Program Director.
- BA/BS degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with certain aspects of fundraising: identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation (if required).
- Experience directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
- Supervisory experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance.
- Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development (partners, community, government), extensive networking skills with high level conservation contacts.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience influencing, developing, and implementing conservation policy and plans at the state or country level.
- Experience with financial management of a large program
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.