The Fisheries Policy Specialist is responsible in carrying out policy analysis in Indonesia fisheries management aspects. They have to facilitate fisheries conservation program in communicating its analysis to fisheries managers, fisheries scientists and fisheries communities towards improved sustainable fisheries management. The Policy Specialists may also be tasked with analysing current policies to determine their effectiveness or identify areas where they can be improved. This analysis often involves extensive research into a wide range of topics related to the policy area in question. This position is also responsible in day-to-day management of policy in-practice forum initiative of YKAN.
This may include the following functions:
- Carrying out comprehensive analysis and providing solid recommendations to Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program towards improved Indonesia sustainable fisheries management.
- Identifies and makes the case for the best opportunities for Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program engagement following policy analysis.
- Participate in series of meetings and workshops in the context of improved Indonesia sustainable fisheries management regardless driven by policy in-practice forum of Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program or government’s partners.
- Establish and maintain communications with government’s partners, fisheries scientists, and fisheries communities.
The Fisheries Policy Specialist is based in Jakarta and directly reports to the Sustainable Fisheries Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Fluency in English and Indonesia.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience presenting to and/or communicating with business, government, or legislative staff and/or program leadership.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and directing multiple complex projects and ensuring program accountability.
- Communications experience including preparing and presenting project proposals and developing written communications.
- Demonstrated experience in producing policy analysis in Indonesia fisheries management from funded project implementation.
- Experience developing partnerships (partners, community, government).
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.