The External Affairs Senior Manager plans, develops, implements, and coordinates a comprehensive external affairs initiative for Indonesia business unit to affect government policy and regulations at national level to further mission of Yayasan Konservasi Alam Nusantara (YKAN) of preserving biological diversity. Duties include regular contact with central government officials regarding matters pertaining to regulatory actions related to terrestrial programs and sustainable practices. This position serves as YKAN primary contact to government agencies, multilateral agencies, business and private institutions, other conservation organizations, foundations and the academic community relating to the work of terrestrial programs.
This may include the following functions:
- Relationship building & partnership includes manages the external affairs aspect of the programs with external stakeholders relevant to the work of YKAN.
- Policy Work, includes addresses complex and innovative solutions with government agencies and industry associations to advance and influences policies related to forestry, forest certification (mandatory & voluntary), sustainable forest management, sustainable agriculture, and spatial planning, etc.
- Public Funding, exposure and be able to work on various funding and financing mechanisms relating, but not limited to, terrestrial programs from multilateral and/or bilateral agencies, national sources of funding, as well as other public or private funding sources.
- Sustainable practices, to ensures that all YKAN activities comply with government laws and regulations, and performance standards in sustainability.
- Supervising and develops TOR(s) and oversee contracting for various consultants.
The External Affairs Senior Manager reports to the Terrestrial Program Director and is based in Jakarta.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, environmental policy, development or other relevant field and 5 years of government relations or corporate sector experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Fluency in English verbal and written.
- Analytical and project management experience. Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and implementing complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience developing, directing, and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Proven negotiation skills.
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.