The SIGAP and Village Livelihood Specialist oversees all aspects of the SIGAP and Village Livelihood Program across YKAN sites.
What We can Achieve Together
The SIGAP and Village Livelihood Specialist will work closely with the Sustainable Practices Sr. Manager to develops SIGAP concept and strategies in coastal areas, its implementation and replication. This position provides programmatic support and leadership for developing and implementing this strategy and implements overall priorities for the strategy in line with the Indonesia and Global Oceans Strategy. The priority for the SIGAP and Village Livelihood Program is to support the strategy, best practice, and replication of SIGAP and support the capacity of village financial institution (such as BUMDes).
We’re looking for YOU:
Are you looking for a meaningful work and wanted to make a difference? Welcome to YKAN. At YKAN, with the mission to protect lands and waters on which all life depends, we provide innovative solutions for realizing harmony between people and nature, through effective management, non-confrontational approaches, and building collaborative partnerships with all stakeholders for a sustainable Indonesia. Together with you, we can make a difference.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate in conservation, with experience in strategy & best practice in village livelihood. This position not just develops SIGAP concept and strategies in coastal areas, its implementation and replication, but also develops and implements key partnerships with public and private organizations, in collaboration with the Indonesia Oceans Team and Global Oceans Teams, the corporate engagement team, marketing and communication team, and field offices. They, negotiating complex and innovative solutions to implement SIGAP and village livelihood that conserve and protect ocean ecosystems and flagship species’ habitats.
The SIGAP and Village Livelihood Specialist will report directly to the Sustainable Practices Sr. Manager and is based in Jakarta office.
Please download the detailed job description from below link:
What You’’ll Bring:
- BA/BS degree with 5 years’ experience in community development and resources-based sustainable livelihood or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in community development, marine based sustainable livelihood, and policy
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, workloads, and finances under deadlines
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives, and managing performance
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies
- Communications experience including presenting to community leaders, government officials, or related; and working in partnership with other organizations
- Experience negotiating
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office, MS Word, and Excel. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports
- Professional fluency in Indonesian and English
What We Bring:
We offer a competitive benefits package including health care benefits, annual leave, a positive work culture, and the opportunities to support people and nature in Indonesia.
Yayasan Konservasi Alam Nusantara (YKAN) is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance submitting your application, please send your documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation and the position title in the subject line and we will upload it to the system on your behalf.
To apply for this position, kindly send your CV & application letter to: email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for, no later than August 15, 2023.