Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Women For Nature campaign?
Gender equality is part of YKAN's conservation agenda. The celebration of Earth Day 2022 is used as a momentum to introduce, highlight and reward women in nature conservation efforts. YKAN encourages the audience to reflect and share stories about nature, conservation, and the women behind it. The Earth Day 2022 campaign will be celebrated for a whole year, starting from April 22, 2022, to April 22, 2023, as an effort to remind us that every day in our lives can be celebrated as a life where we and the earth are inseparable.
How to take part in the Women For Nature story contest?
- All submissions must be original and authentic
- Describes the role of women around you who have contributed to nature and made an impact on the environment or life. Inform us why she deserves to be a YKAN Nature Hero.
- Upload your story on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, More )
- Make sure your social media accounts are not private/locked
- Follow and tag/mention YKAN's social media accounts
- Tag #WomenForNature in the caption
- Submit your post link via bit.ly/PerempuanUntukAlam
Does a Female Nature Hero have to be famous?
Not. Female nature heroes can come from the general public, nature lovers, public figures, KOL or influencers, business people, and anyone who contributes to nature and narrates an inspirational story.
Must a Female Nature Hero come from Indonesia?
Female nature heroes must not come from Indonesia but their conservation efforts must be in Indonesia.
Where can I upload a #WomenForNature story?
You can upload #WomenForAlam story via social media platforms, such as: Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook. Not limited to social media, stories can also be uploaded via website links or personal blogs.
What formats are accepted for the #WomenForNature story?
The format of the story can be in the form of story narration (Facebook and blog), photo story (Instagram and Facebook), Twitter thread (Twitter), video (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube), video with voice over or running text (Instagram, TikTok , Twitter, Facebook, Youtube).
How do I confirm my registration as a contestant?
Contestants are required to fill out a form on the google form (bit.ly/PerempuanUntukAlam) and upload the link to the #PerempuanUntukAlam and #WomenForNature story that has been uploaded on social media. If all the requirements have been met, it will automatically be registered as a participant in the competition.
When is the deadline for submitting #WomenForNature story?
The #WomenForAlam story competition starts from 22 March 2022 18:00 WIB and will end on 20 April 2022 23:59 WIB.
When the competition winners are announced?
The judging process will be held on April 21, 2022. Winners will be announced on Earth Day on April 22, 2022 at 18:00 WIB through all YKAN social media platforms.
What are the winners' prizes?
- Voucher / Cash of Rp. 5,000,000 and YKAN Merchandise for selected Nature Heroes
- Voucher / Cash of Rp. 1.000.000 and YKAN Merchandise for 1st Winner for Best Storyteller
- Voucher / Cash of Rp. 500,000 and YKAN Merchandise for the 2nd Winner for Best Storyteller
- Voucher / Cash of Rp. 300,000 and YKAN Merchandise for the 3rd Winner for Best Storyteller
- YKAN Merchandise for Best Visual, Best Feature, Inspiring Story, Our Favorite Category Winners
Is there a fee for participating in the Women For Nature story contest?
There is none.
Is the an age limit for participating in the #WomenForNature story contest?
There is no age limit. Anyone from any demographic can join this activity
Is the an age limit for the nominated Female Heroes?
There is no age limit. Anyone from any demographic.
Can it be re-submitted, if there was an error with the submission of the contest material?
Yes, but the maximum number of submissions is 2 times and cannot exceed April 20, 2022.
What are the winning Categories?
- Must follow all requirements
- Introducing, highlighting and rewarding women in conservation. YKAN encourages audiences to reflect and share stories about nature, conservation, and the women behind it
- Stories that can be raised that have been published in the mass media will still have to be original and not plagiarized